Translation

The oldest posts, are written in Italian. If you are interested and you want read the post in English, please use Google Translator. You can find it on the right side. If the translation is wrong, please email me: I'll try to translate for you.

mercoledì, agosto 02, 2017

Dataedo software, Part 01: The web site and the installation.

Some times I read about Oracle software provided by not Oracle. In this case, I read about Dataedo,

Dataedo home page

so I asked if were possible to have a license in order to try the software and Blog on it. Well, the company sent me a 90-day version of Dataedo PRO, so I can use it.

The pricing page, show the price in USD, EUR and GB. Very nice.

Prices

Also, the price seems to be nice. The good news is that there is a free version. Obviously, it is a limited version.

Lite version

You can use the software on SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL. I'll use it on Oracle.

The download page gives you the chance to download the installer file (Dataedo_5.2.8_setup.exe, when I'm writing) and the zip file (Dataedo_5.2.8.zip) if you want to use it in portable mode.

Download page

I love this, in fact, I downloaded the second one. After the download, I unzipped the file in "C:\oracle\product" directory. The name is "Dataedo 5" (the full path is C:\oracle\product\Dataedo 5) and its size is 93MB

Size

(The interface of my PC is in Italian). In the main Dataedo directory (C:\oracle\product\Dataedo 5, in my case), there is Dataedo5.exe.

Executable files

I suppose that it works on both 32bit and 64bit, so this is why you find "Dataedo5.exe" and "Dataedo5_32.exe". My PC is 64bit (see the update below).

The "exe" file run the main window:

Main window of Dataedo 5

If you need help, you can click on the question mark or click on the tutorial link. Following are pictures of the helps

File repository, question mark

Server repository, question mark

Docs, tutorials & support, link

Wow. Until now it awesome, really user and friendly. I'll write as soon I learn more on the software.

Update

2017/08/02 - About the versions of "exe" files ("Dataedo5.exe" and "Dataedo5_32.exe"), Dataedo wrote me: The two versions of the client 32 and 64 bit are mostly because of the Oracle client is also in two versions. So use the same version of both clients to get it a go.

Nessun commento: