Translation

The oldest posts, are written in Italian. If you are interested and you want read the post in English, please use Google Translator. You can find it on the right side. If the translation is wrong, please email me: I'll try to translate for you.

giovedì, agosto 03, 2017

Dataedo software, Part 03: First Oracle connection - 01

After the installation, it's time to start.

The window lets me choose what I have to create. Because I'm using Oracle database I choose "File repository -> New file repository"


I choose the "File location" and the "File name"


At this time I have to insert the license


I hide the key, here.


  The license will be finished in 90 days



This is the email with serial key, that Dataedo sent me.

Email with license key

The Main page shows as


and on the left side


Ok. but how can I connect to the Oracle? There isn't some button or tab where I find "New connection". So I need help

Help

The "Tutorial" link, send me to the tutorial page

Tutorial page


Oracle Documentation page

How to connect

Wow. Really simple. I need to check the connection I want to use. In order to do this I use tnsping on my PC


At this point I can fill the blank. Because I'm connecting to a RAC, I use the scan listener

Connecting to Oracle 12cR1 RAC, using SCAN Listener

The nagios user has just 2 tables


and I choose of importing nothing



This is how Dataedo appears after the login

Nagios view

Just to be sure, I check on the database which objects the nagios user own:


Perfect: just 2 tables. Because I didn't imported the tables, and because my user has nothing else, Dataedo shows me nothing. The interesting thing is that after I clicked on "Refresh view" button, the connection to the database, appear 2 times.


Not a real problem: I just dropped the second one, click. I create a new connection using the system user, and after the refresh ("Refresh view" button), I again have two connections for this last user.


My suspect is that this is because I'm connected to a RAC 2 nodes. So if a RAC is of 6 or 12 or more instances, I'll have 6, 12 or more connections?

Update

2017/08/03 - Dataedo wrote me about the double connections: It only happens when you import nothing to your REPO. We will take care of it in the future update

Nessun commento: